Terms & Conditions
1. About these Terms
- 1.1 What these terms cover.
These are the terms and conditions (“Terms”) on which we supply any products (“Products”) to you purchased through our website. These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products through our website (“Contract”).
- 1.2 Why you should read them.
Please read these Terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These Terms tell you who we are, how we will provide Products to you, how you and we may change or end the Contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these Terms, please contact us.
2. Information about us and how to contact us
- 2.1 Who we are.
We are Moores Furniture Group Limited a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 1083749 and our address is at Unit 350, Thorp Arch Estate, Wetherby, LS23 7DD, United Kingdom. Our registered VAT number is 1336162.
- 2.2 Contacting us if you are a consumer:
- 2.2.1 You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 01937862169 or by emailing us at email@example.com or by writing to us at Unit 350, Thorp Arch Estate, Wetherby, LS23 7DD, United Kingdom.
- 2.2.2 If you wish to contact us in relation to any complaints, please see Clause 15.1.
- 2.3 If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- 2.4 Contacting us if you are a business.
You may contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 01937862169 or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to give us formal notice of any matter in accordance with these Terms, please see Clause 20.2.
- 2.5 “Writing” includes emails.
When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these Terms, this includes emails.
3. Our Products
- 3.1 Products may vary slightly from their pictures.
Any images of the Products on our website or in our brochures and marketing materials are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s, brochure’s or marketing material’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the Products. Your Products may vary slightly from those images. Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, because our Products are handmade, all sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our website, or in brochures and marketing materials may vary slightly.
- 3.2 Product packaging may vary.
The packaging of the Products may vary from that shown on images on our website or in our brochures or marketing materials.
- 3.3 Making sure your measurements are accurate.
If we are making the Products to measurements you have given us you are responsible for ensuring that these measurements are correct.
4. How we use your personal information
- 4.1 How we will use your personal information.
We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- 4.1.1 to supply the Products to you;
- 4.1.2 to process your payment for the Products;
- 4.1.3 to record any warranty periods or to deal with any claims under any warranties in relation to the Products; and
- 4.2 We will only give your personal information to third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
5. If you are a consumer
This Clause 5 only applies if you are a consumer.
- 5.1 If you are a consumer, you may only purchase Products from us if you are at least 18 years old.
6. If you are a business customer
This Clause 6 only applies if you are a business.
- 6.1 If you are not a consumer, you confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use our website to purchase Products.
- 6.2 These Terms, any document expressly referred to in them and any proof of delivery of the Products provided to you by us constitute the entire agreement between you and us and supersede and extinguish all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between us, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
- 6.3 You acknowledge that in entering into this Contract you do not rely on any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these Terms or any document expressly referred to in them.
- 6.4 You and we agree that neither of us shall have any claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement in this Contract.
7. How the Contract is formed between you and us
Placing an order:
- 7.1 For orders made online, our website pages will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us.
- 7.2 Our online order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to check your order at each stage of the order process.
- 7.3 How we will accept your order.
Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to confirm that we have received your order, at which point a Contract will come into existence between you and us.
- 7.4 If we cannot accept your order.
If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the Product. This might be because the Product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for or because we have identified an error in the price or description of the Product.
- 7.5 Your order number.
We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
8. Your rights to make changes
This Clause 8 only applies if you are a consumer.
If you wish to make a change to the Products you have ordered please contact us as soon as possible. We will let you know if the change is possible. Please note that it may not always be possible to make changes to products, particularly once manufacture has commenced (where applicable). If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the Products, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change.
9. Our rights to make changes
- 9.1 Minor changes to the Products. We may change the Products:
- 9.1.1 to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements (for example, where it is necessary to change a minor component to meet safety standards); and
- 9.1.2 to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements.
These changes will not affect your use of the Products.
- 9.2 More significant changes to the Products and these Terms.
In addition, as we informed you in the description of the Products on our website and/or in our brochures, we may make the following changes to the Products, but if we do so we will notify you and you may then contact us to end the contract and receive a full refund before the changes take effect:
- 9.2.1 Change of supplier. This may result in a variation in the colour of the Products or the type of fittings being used; and
- 9.2.2 Change of appliances. This may occur when appliances are discontinued.
- 10.1 Delivery costs.
The costs of delivery will be as notified to you in the listing for the relevant Product on our website.
- 10.2 When we will provide the Products.
During the order process we will let you know an estimated date when we will deliver the Products to you or when you can come and collect the Products from us (if applicable).
- 10.3 We are not responsible for delays outside our control.
If our supply of the Products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the Contract and receive a refund for any Products you have paid for but not received.
- 10.4 If you are not at home or if you cannot take delivery.
Our delivery drivers will deliver the Products to you. Please note that it is your responsibility to arrange for the Products to be transferred from our van to your home. If no one is available at your address to take delivery, we will leave you a note that the Products have been returned to our premises, in which case, please contact us to rearrange delivery. Please note that if we are unable to deliver the Products on the delivery date notified to you, we may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs.
- 10.5 If you do not re-arrange delivery.
If you do not collect the Products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the Contract and Clause 14.2 will apply.
- 10.6 If you do not allow us access to install the goods.
If you do not allow us access to your property to install the goods as arranged (and you do not have a good reason for this) we may charge you additional costs incurred by us as a result. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange access to your property we may end the Contract and Clause 14.2 will apply.
- 10.7 Completion of Delivery and Ownership.
Delivery of an order shall be completed when we deliver the Products to the address you gave us and the Products will be your responsibility from that time. You own the Products once we have received payment in full, including all applicable delivery charges.
- 10.8 What will happen if you do not give required information to us.
We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the Products to you, for example delivery details and any delivery restrictions. If so, this will have been stated in the description of the Products on our website or in our brochures or we will contact you to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end the Contract (and Clause 14.2 will apply) or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for supplying the Products late or not supplying any part of them if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
- 10.9 Reasons we may suspend the supply of Products to you.
We may have to suspend the supply of a Products to:
- 10.9.1 deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes; and
- 10.9.2 update the Products to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
- 10.10 Your rights if we suspend the supply of Products.
We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of the Products, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. You may contact us to end the Contract for Products if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it, in each case for a period of more than 30 days and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the Products in respect of the period after you end the Contract.
11. Price of Products
- 11.1 Where to find the price for the Products.
The price of the Products (which includes VAT) will be the price notified to you when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of Products advised to you is correct. However please see Clause 11.2 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the Products your order.
- 11.2 What happens if we got the price wrong.
It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products we sell may be incorrectly priced. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the Contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.
- 11.3 When you must pay and how you must pay.
We accept payment with all major credit and debit cards, with the exception of American Express. You must pay for the Products upon submitting your order.
- 11.4 What to do if you think an invoice is wrong.
If you think an invoice is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know.
12. Your rights to end the Contract
This Clause 12 only applies if you are a consumer.
- 12.1 You may be able to end your Contract with us.
Your rights when you end the Contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the Contract:
- 12.1.1 If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the Contract (or to get the Products repaired or replaced or a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back), see Clause 15. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this Contract;
- 12.1.2 If you want to end the Contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see Clause 12.4;
- 12.1.3 If you have just changed your mind about the Products, see Clause 12.3.
You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods.
- 12.2 YOU DO NOT HAVE A RIGHT TO CHANGE YOUR MIND IN RESPECT OF ANY PRODUCTS PROVIDED BY US TO YOU WHICH ARE IN ANY WAY BESPOKE, CUSTOMISED, MADE TO MEASURE, OR PERSONALISED (“BESPOKE PRODUCTS”). Your order form will specify where the Products ordered by you are Bespoke Products.
- 12.3 Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013).
For some Products bought online or by telephone, excluding those described in Clause 12.2, you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days of delivery of the Products and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in this Contract
- 12.4 Ending the Contract because of something we have done or are going to do.
If you are ending a Contract for a reason set out at 12.4.1 to 12.4.4 below the Contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any Products which have not been provided. The reasons are:
- 12.4.1 we have told you about an upcoming change to the Products or these Terms which you do not agree to (see Clause 9.2);
- 12.4.2 we have told you about an error in the price or description of the Products you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed (see Clause 11.2);
- 12.4.3 there is a risk that supply of the Products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control; or
- 12.4.4 we have suspended supply of the Products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 30 days.
13. How to end the Contract with us
This Clause 13 only applies if you are a consumer.
- 13.1 Please note that you will not be able to end the Contract in the circumstances outlined at Clause 12.2.
- 13.2 Tell us you want to end the Contract. To end the Contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- 13.2.1 Phone or email. Call customer services on 01937862169 or email us at email@example.com.
- 13.2.2 By post. Print off the form attached to this Contract, which we can also provide to you if you contact customer services at the number or email address above, and post it to us at the address on the form.
- 13.3 Returning Products after ending the Contract.
If you end the Contract for any reason (where permitted) after Products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us as soon as possible. You must either return the goods in person to where you bought them or arrange for us to collect them from you by calling customer services on 01937862169 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must return the goods within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the Contract.
- 13.4 When we will pay the costs of return.
We will only pay the costs of return if the Products are faulty or misdescribed, or if you are ending the Contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the Products or these Terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong.
In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
- 13.5 What we charge for collection.
If you are responsible for the costs of return and we are collecting the Products from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection. The costs of collection will be notified to you at the time that we arrange collection from you.
- 13.6 How we will refund you.
We will refund you the price you paid for the Products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
- 13.7 Deductions from refunds.
If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
- 13.7.1 We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling of the Products. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- 13.7.2 The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer.
- 13.8 When your refund will be made.
We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the Products back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the Products back to us.
14. Our rights to end the Contract
- 14.1 We may end the Contract if you break it. We may end the Contract for the Products at any time by writing to you if:
- 14.1.1 you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the Products, for example, measurements, delivery details and any delivery restrictions; or
- 14.1.2 you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the Products to you or collect them from us.
- 14.2 You must compensate us if you break the Contract.
If we end the Contract in the situations set out in Clause 14.1 we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the Contract.
15. If there is a problem with the Products
- 15.1 How to tell us about problems.
If you have any questions or complaints about the Products, please contact us. You can telephone our customer service team at 01937862169 or email us at email@example.com.
- 15.2 Your obligation to return rejected Products.
If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject Products as outlined at Clause 12 you must either return them in person to where you bought them or arrange for us to collect them from you. Please call customer services on 01937862169 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange collection.
16. Manufacturer guarantees
- 16.1 Some of the Products we sell to you come with a manufacturer’s guarantee. Details of the applicable terms and conditions are available from us on request.
- 16.2 If you are a consumer, a manufacturer’s guarantee is in addition to, and does not affect, your legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
17. Our warranty for the Products
- 17.1 For Products which do not have a manufacturer’s guarantee, we provide a warranty that on delivery and for a period of 6 months from delivery, the Products shall be free from material defects. However, this warranty does not apply to any defect in the Products arising from:
- 17.1.1 fair wear and tear;
- 17.1.2 wilful damage, abnormal storage or working conditions, accident, negligence by you or by any third party;
- 17.1.3 if you fail to operate or use the Products in accordance with the user instructions;
- 17.1.4 any alteration or repair by you or by a third party who is not one of our authorised repairers; or
- 17.1.5 any specification provided by you.
- 17.2 If you are a consumer, this warranty is in addition to, and does not affect, your legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
18. Our liability if you are a business
This Clause 18 only applies if you are a business customer.
- 18.1 Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes our liability for:
- 18.1.1 death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- 18.1.2 fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- 18.1.3 anything else which cannot be excluded by law.
- 18.2 Subject to Clause 18.1, we will under no circumstances whatever be liable to you, whether in Contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Contract for:
- 18.2.1 any loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- 18.2.2 loss of business opportunity;
- 18.2.3 loss of anticipated savings;
18.2.4 loss of goodwill; or
- 18.2.5 any indirect or consequential loss.
- 18.3 Subject to Clause 18.1, our total liability to you in respect of all losses arising under or in connection with the Contract, whether in Contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed 100% of the price of the Products.
- 18.4 Except as expressly stated in these Terms, we do not give any representation, warranties or undertakings in relation to the Products. Any representation, condition or warranty which might be implied or incorporated into these Terms by statute, common law or otherwise is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. In particular, we will not be responsible for ensuring that the Products are suitable for your purposes.
19. Our liability if you are a consumer
This Clause 19 only applies if you are a consumer.
- 19.1 We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us.
If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this Contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the Contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- 19.2 We are not liable for business losses.
We only supply the Products for domestic and private use. If you use the Products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
20. Communications between us
- 20.1 If you are a consumer
you may contact us as described in Clause 2.2.
- 20.2 If you are a business
any notice required to be given under this Contract shall be in writing and delivered personally or sent by facsimile or by first class post to the registered office of the other party. If sent by facsimile, a copy shall be sent by first class post or delivered personally the same day.
21. anti-bribery and corruption
This Clause 21 only applies if you are a business customer.
You shall comply with our anti-bribery and corruption policies as amended from time to time, which are available from us upon request.
22. Other important Terms
- 22.1 We may transfer this agreement to someone else.
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the Contract.
- 22.2 You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else.
You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree to this in writing, but we will not unreasonably withhold our consent.
- 22.3 Nobody else has any rights under this Contract.
This Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- 22.4 If a court finds part of this Contract illegal, the rest will continue in force.
Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- 22.5 Even if we delay in enforcing this Contract, we can still enforce it later.
If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this Contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the Products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- 22.6 Which laws apply to this Contract and where you may bring legal proceedings.
These Terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Products in either the Scottish or the English courts.
- 22.7 If you are a consumer
please note that these Terms are governed by English law. This means a Contract for the purchase of Products through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
- 22.8 If you are a business
a Contract and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-Contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
- 22.9 If you are a business
we both irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with a Contract or its subject matter or formation (including non-Contractual disputes or claims).